Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with employers in and around Washington, DC since 2003.
Please read the job description below and/or visit http://www.brainstormresources.com/ApplyOnline
for additional information regarding our firm and currently open positions with our clients.
A well-established advocacy and lobbying organization with a focus on international affairs is looking to engage a talented and versatile writer in a full-time temporary, on-site position that will continue through March 2017.
The writer will join our client's "Speakers Bureau" team. This group will be working to build a roster of standout speakers for sessions of varying size and scope, that will take place at the organization's annual policy conference in March.
The conference, which will be held in Washington, DC, has welcomed more than fifteen-thousand participants annually in recent years. Attendees come from all 50 states and all over the world. Guests and speakers have typically included world leaders (among them the President of the United States and presidential contenders) and as well as other highly influential and highly visible figures from many walks of life.
Our client is looking for the writer to get to work in September or October. You can expect that you will work 35 - 45 hours/week throughout most of the engagement, and we believe there will be opportunities to earn some evening and weekend overtime (paid at 1.5x the base rate) mostly between December and March.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has supported this client for more than ten years and we have helped them identify many amazing people for a wide variety of full-time, temporary and project-oriented roles. We can provide plenty of additional details regarding the employer to the most well qualified applicants.
Include but will not be limited to assisting with the creation of:
(1) Speaker invitations
(2) Breakout session titles and descriptions
(3) Speaker preparatory materials and guidance
(4) Breakout session introductions
(5) Speaker Check-In materials
* BA or BS w/ a major in Comms., Int'l Relations, Foreign or Public Policy, or Journalism.
* 1-2 years professional experience in PR, journalism, editing, or other relevant fields.
* Demonstrable analytic and communication skills; ability to articulate concepts in a compelling manner.
* Strong writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills.
* Outstanding attention to detail.
* Enthusiastic self-starter with a can-do attitude.
* Can work independently and as part of a team.
* Possesses the ability to grasp both the big picture and small fine points of a project.
* Previous experience participating in multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
* Can quickly adapt to change, think on your feet and problem solve to meet emerging challenges.
* Fully competent in the Microsoft Office Suite.
* Demonstrable success working with database content management system and cloud-based data management systems.
The organization's offices are close to Union Station in Washington, DC and are easily accessible via Metrorail and Metrobus. There are numerous parking garage and on-street parking options in the neighborhood.
DURATION / HOURS:
This role will feel like a full-time position. Our client is looking for someone who can work regular office hours -- Monday through Friday, approximately 9am-5pm.
You can expect that you will work 35 - 45 hours/week throughout most of the engagement. We believe there will be opportunities to earn some evening and weekend overtime (paid at 1.5x the base rate) between December and March.
This is not a remote assignment. Writers looking for projects they can work on from home exclusively should not apply.
Based on the bill rate we have established with our client, we can offer an hourly pay rate range of $25 to $35/hour. These hourly rates, when annualized, are the equivalent of a salary in the range of $50K to $70K. As this assignment will continue for approximately six months, we highly encourage applicants to consider overall earnings potential, and not focus on hourly rates.
Also, we are advertising a broad hourly pay range because our client would like to consider talented candidates with an equally broad band of professional experience. The actual rate and salary offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms, and will be based on our evaluation and our client’s evaluation of your experience and personal presentation during one or more in-person interviews.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal, please scroll to the bottom of the job announcement and then either login to your profile or click the "Apply for this Position" button.
If you are reading this job description anywhere else, please visit http://bit.ly/299hpTm
(shortened, direct URL) to see the job description at our Application Portal. Then, at the bottom of the page either login to your profile or click the "Apply for this Position" button. Alternatively, you can visit http://brainstormresources.com/ApplyOnline/
to search all currently open jobs with our clients and then follow these steps to apply:
1) At the top of the page, chose to search jobs in “Any” location.
2) All available opportunities will be listed. Please click on the appropriate position title.
3) Read the Employer Overview and complete Job Description.
4) Apply at the bottom of the page. During the application process please make sure to:
-> Complete your personal profile,
-> Provide answers to all short questionnaires provided,
-> Indicate your specific software application skills,
-> Upload a resume,
-> Upload other documents you consider relevant (ex: work samples, cover letter).
Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response.
Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Freelance Job Openings