Launched in mid-2013, Blasting News is now the largest global social news platform – the 189th most visited website in the world (Alexa Ranking), as big as Twitter in Italy, and as big as Instagram and WhatsApp in Brazil, thanks to 80+ million monthly unique visitors and 1 million Blasters from 34 countries, who publish 19.000+ original news each month. Blasting News has been selected and funded by Google Innovation Fund (DNI) to revolutionize digital information in Europe.
Blasting News has an ambitious goal: to make our world a better place, giving everyone the possibility of sharing ideas with a global audience and enjoying truly independent information.
At the core, Blasting News is a news publisher totally fueled and curated by the crowd: news is produced by delocalized contributors (Blasters) and fact-checked and curated by a quality team of professionals (Senior Blasters);
Both Blasters and Senior Blasters are paid based on performance; in addition to this, the best news may be distributed around by the Social Blasters, a global team of digital influencers selected through application and interviews. All the core processes are managed by technology: e.g., homepages are handled by a patent-pending algorithm without human intervention.
Blasting News has a very innovative proposition:
- 100% Independent - Blasting News encourages a wide range of points of view. All blasters can freely choose the topic and the medium of their contents. Blasting News has adopted George Whitefield’s principle “We’ll just have to agree to disagree.”
- 100% Democratic - Blasting News does not have any central editorial office: we have developed a technology that promotes the most. Interesting, highest quality news, taking into account a huge number of factors.
- 100% Meritocratic - Blasters earn money thanks to a simple quality-based system: the more people that read the content, the more money the Blaster receives. Money comes from advertisement sold on the webpages.
Drive in-target readers to Blasting News’ news articles
Share Blasting News’ news articles on:
Ownership or administration of one or more pages/groups with at least 50,000 likes/followers on:
The program has a limited enrollment. Requirements will be strictly verified upon applying.
Type of contract: Freelance.
Job Location: Anywhere. The Social Blaster is not required to check in at an office.
Working hours: Flexible. The Social Blaster can work on a flexible basis.
The Compensation is based on:
- Number and success of articles shared, where success is defined as number of readers actually reading the articles shared by the Social Blaster (the more people read the content, the more money the Social Blaster can earn).
- Type of topics and categories.
- Validation of traffic quality (no spam)
Overall, the compensation is performance-based and up to $150 per article. The compensation scheme is fully available on this page.
The candidate has to upload resume and URLs of owned (or administered) social media pages/groups on http://us.blastingnews.com/social-blaster/
The HR team will evaluate the resume, verify the ownership of social media pages/groups and follow up with the candidate.